Your first foreign exchange tutorial will cover the basics of what you need to do to get started with forex trading. The aim, of course, is to have you making money by predicting the rise and fall of one currency against another and opening and closing your trades at the right moment.
It takes time to learn to be a successful forex trader but you can cut corners if you have a good introductory program that covers everything you need to know. This includes:
– understanding the principles of currency trading including managing your account, trading margins, and allowing for the cost of the spread
– technical analysis: discovering how to recognize trends in the markets, the different types of charts and how to interpret them so that you can profit from market movements
– fundamental analysis: understanding what to do in the face of major national or international economic events that are likely to impact on currency values.
– finding out how to minimize your risk and protect your trades with stops
– developing the power to apply your system without allowing losses or emotions such as fear to throw you off balance and affect your chances of earning long term profits
A good place to pick up hints and tips can be a forex trading online forum. There are many of these on the internet and members will comment about all kinds of issues relating to the market and their own trading. This can be a great place to go if you have questions.
However, forums have some drawbacks. One is that the advice you get may be very contradictory. There is more than one way to trade forex profitably and it can be confusing to be receiving advice from several different people, each with their own approach. It is usually better to stick to your own system.
The other problem with taking advice on forums is that you do not usually know anything about the people who are posting. Somebody could sound very knowledgeable and then it turns out they have only ever used a demo account and never made a real trade in their lives. Some people spend more time hanging out in forums than trading. Just because somebody is very active in a forum does not mean he or she is an expert.
So do not rely on forums, free guides or untested theories for your trading system. When you are starting out in forex trading you need a solid grounding in the basics and a system that is easy to follow and actually works. As with most things in life you usually have to pay for the best. So look for a foreign exchange tutorial that is part of a profitable forex system.
The Forex Dude